What is Ankylosing Spondylitis
Ankylosing spondylitis is a disease commonly known as spine or low back rheumatism. Ankylosing spondylitis usually occurs in young or middle ages. It is a kind of inflammatory rheumatism that affects the spine and the joint between the spine and the hip bone. As a result of inflammation, two bones merge and become a single bone. This may cause ankylosing spondylitis. It is possible to state that the sacroiliac joint, ie the lowest part of the spine, is affected in such a way that the region between the pelvic bones is the most. Over time, the disease usually progresses and continues to be effective throughout the spine. Inflammation of the patient head, hip, spine, ankle and other joints results in movement restrictions. So, what are the causes and symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis?
What Are Ankylosing Spondylitis Causes and Symptoms
It is possible to list the causes of ankylosing spondylitis as follows.
- Bending of the spine forward, integration of joints with various bones are among the causes of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Although the causes of ankylosing spondylitis are not known exactly, it can be said that hereditary factors cause disease.
- People with the HLA-B27 gene are at greater risk of developing ankylosing spondylitis. However, it is not possible to say that this disease can occur in people with the gene in question.
We can explain the symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis as follows.
- The most common symptoms of ankylosing spodylitis are low back pain between the ages of 20 and 40 years.
- Sensation of stiffness and low back pain after long sleep and rest.
- Joint pain severe enough to awaken from sleep
- Sense of restriction when moving
- The above mentioned complaints last more than 3 months
- Bending of the spine forwards
Is there any treatment for ankylosing spondylitis
Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment
In order to treat ankylosing spondylitis, the cause of the problem must be known first. Accordingly, various treatment methods are used to slow down the progression of the disease. Thermal water sources are among the treatment methods. It is possible to completely eliminate ankylosing spondylitis due to thermal water sources. If you have ankylosing spondylitis problems, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in Ridos Hotel by choosing Ridos Hotel.