What is osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is also known as calcification, deterioration of cartilage tissue, thinning and destruction of cartilage. Osteoarthritis, the most common joint disease, usually occurs in body parts such as the hip, knee, wrist and spine. There are several reasons for deterioration of bone integrity under articular cartilage and articular cartilage. Osteoarthritis is more common in women than in men. With the progression of osteoarthritis, which is usually encountered in people over 50 years of age, the load-bearing rate of the joints is reduced. In the joints, the load-bearing cartilage disappears and the surfaces of the bones begin to contact each other. This results in progressive cartilage destruction. It is possible to explain the causes and risk factors of osteoarthritis as follows.
Osteoarthritis Risk factors
Osteoarthritis has different risk factors. Accordingly, it is possible to list the risk factors as follows.
- The most important risk factor of osteoarthritis is to be advanced and middle aged.
- It is possible to state that another risk factor is obesity and excess weight.
- The predisposition to joint patients is one of the most important risk factors for osteoarthritis.
- Diseases affecting cartilage structure and weak muscle groups around the joints are among the risk factors of osteoarthritis.
- Unbalanced load distribution and deformities in the joints are among the risk factors of osteoarthritis.
- The most common complaint in osteoarthritis is joint pain. The severity of pain may vary from person to person.
Treatment of osteoarthritis is one of the most frequently asked and asked questions. However, it is possible to state that there is no definitive treatment for osteoarthritis. However, thermal spring waters can be used for osteoarthritis treatment. There are many benefits of thermal spring water to people. Such benefits include the treatment of osteoarthritis. It is possible to express the importance of thermal water sources especially considering that it is not possible to treat osteoarthritis with drugs. If you or anyone around you is also suffering from osteoarthritis, you can benefit from the benefits of thermal water springs. By choosing Ridos Hotel, you can use the thermal water resources available at Ridos Hotel.